How to Make a Holiday Charcuterie Board
A charcuterie board overflowing with artisanal cheeses, local meats, and sweet surprises is the perfect sharable appetizer for any holiday gathering.
Not only is it a crowd favorite, but it comes together in just a few minutes, so you can enjoy your guests rather than work all night in the kitchen.
Best of all, you don't have to be a meat and cheese expert to build your own beautiful board. Robin Schick, cheese maker of Calyroad at Rock House Creamery, is sharing her tips and tricks to making a holiday charcuterie board that is sure to impress at your next event.
Robin's Charcuterie Board Tips
- Start by selecting your cheeses. Pick a variety of hard, semi-hard and soft cheeses and cut each selection in a unique way, so your guests can tell they're different from one another.
- Put items that go together next to each other. As your guests take from the board their flavors will naturally and deliciously combine.
- Impress everyone with an easy to make salami flower. Watch the video to see how.
- Tuck something sweet like a truffle or pralines around the board as an unexpected surprise.
- It doesn't have to be perfect! Organically add your items, filling the board all the way to its edges, for a wonderfully rustic look.