Summer Recipe: Spinach Artichoke Dip
Want to bring a dish that everyone loves to your first barbeque or cookout this season? One of our favorite dishes is homemade Spinach Artichoke Dip. This yummy, cheesy dip is a snack everyone will love to taste. You’ll probably even come home with an empty dish in hand!
- 1 lb. of spinach, wilted, drained, and chopped
- 1 16 oz. can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 6 oz. of cream cheese
- 4 oz. of heavy cream
- 2 oz. of sour cream
- 4 oz. of monterey jack cheese
- 2 oz. of parmesan cheese
- ½ a tsp of oregano, dry
- ½ a tsp of granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine cream cheese, heavy cream, 2 oz. of monterey jack cheese, oregano, and granulated garlic on medium-low heat until cheeses have melted. Whisk to a smooth consistency.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, combine spinach, artichokes, and the remaining monterey jack cheese and mix thoroughly. Combine with the warm cheese mixture and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place mixture in a 9”x11” casserole/baking dish and top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or till parmesan cheese is golden brown.