5 Meats We Recommend From a Butcher
USDA Prime is the superior grade of beef. With amazing tenderness, juiciness and flavor, it has the highest degree of fat marbling (which means you get the most taste from your steak) and is only sourced from the younger steers. At Farmview Market, you can purchase farm fresh butchered meats and get the same cuts you typically find at upscale steak restaurants to prepare at home!
We collaborated with our butchers to come up with the top five meats we recommend that will tickle your taste buds and cure your carnivorous cravings:
- Rib-Eye Steak: A rib steak is a beef steak sliced from the ribs with bone attached. In the U.S., the term rib eye steak is used for a rib steak with the bone removed; but the term "cowboy ribeye" or "cowboy cut" is often used for a bone-in rib eye. The rib-eye is the center best portion of the rib steak and its marbling of fat makes it very good for slow oven roasting and grilling. This cut is both tender and full of flavor!
- Tenderloin: The tenderloin is an oblong-shaped muscle made up of two cuts: the short loin and the sirloin. The tenderloin sits beneath the ribs, next to the backbone. Because this muscle does very little work, it is the most tender part of the beef. The tenderloin can be cut for either roasts or steaks. Just like its name, your tenderloin will be melt-in-your-mouth tender!
- T-bone: T-bones are steaks of beef cut from the short loin, which is a part of the tenderloin. Both steaks include a "T-shaped" bone with meat on each side. T-bone steaks are cut closer to the front, and contain a smaller section of tenderloin. Any of those cuts you would be very hard pressed to find in any commercial chain, but Farmview has them!
- Porterhouse: Porterhouse steaks are cut from the rear end of the short loin and thus include more tenderloin steak, along with (on the other side of the bone) a large strip steak. This whopper of a steak costs a bit more, but, we think it’s absolutely worth it! Pick up a porterhouse from Farmview and try this decadent steak for your next date-night.
- Sausage: We are proud to offer house-made sausage. Currently, we are featuring our house made chicken sausages. We offer breakfast sausage, hot Italian and mild Italian chicken sausages made from Springer Mountain Farms chicken breast. Springer Mountain Farms is a family owned business that has been raising chickens for over 40 years in the hills of Northeast Georgia. They became the first poultry producer in the world to gain the endorsement of the American Humane Association under their American Humane Certified With that extra care, their chickens are raised on a vegetarian diet without the use of antibiotics. And, that is something to get excited about!
We hope that you'll stop by our butcher shop and purchase these delicious meats we recommend for you to try. Farmview Market is extremely proud to serve our beef from local farmers: Heritage Farm in West Georgia, B&G Farms, and Embry Farm in Eatonton. And, for our partnership with Springer Mountain Farms and their responsibly-raised chickens. Come try a steak, cut to order, or pick up some chicken sausage for your breakfast today!